Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 90 - Santa Cruz & Ojo de Agua

NICARAGUA | Sunday, 31 August 2014 | Views [196]

Despite a late night and feeling a little shabby we set off early with Yusuf & Gabby sharing a scooter and a bike to explore Ometepe properly.

After Gabby learned how to ride the scooter we headed to Ojo de Agua - some natural mineral pools towards the middle of the island. We stopped and lazed, cooled off, drank coconut water from coconuts and then decided to head to Santa Cruz beach.

We stopped for lunch at this little comedor on the beach, had fresh juice & tostones (fried banana topped with chicken & cheese) and then swam for a while in the lake. We swam out about 50m from shore to get the perfect view of both volcanoes from the water. It was well worth it!

Got back to the jetty in time for another stunning sunset. While sitting on the wharf we made friends with this intriguing Canadian Chinese guy called Toni. He has spent the past three years cycling all over the world. This past year he has ridden 14,000kms from Canada to Nicaragua. A man equipped with the best stories & a true spirit of adventure we ended up bringing Toni out for dinner with our hostel friends and then chatting late into the night as the summer rain bucketed down overhead.

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.