Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 87 - Laguna de Apoyo

NICARAGUA | Monday, 25 August 2014 | Views [236]

Perfect day by the lake - Laguna de Apoyo around 30 mins out of Granada was a fantastic day trip! For $10 we got dropped off, picked up, free kayaks, lakeside lounge chairs, access to cheap cocktails & to swim in an incredible, clean lake surrounded by lush green mountains & volcanoes.

Made friends with some fabulous people, swam, ate, drank & lazed the day away! It was fantastic.

Everyone in our bus back to Granada made friends & we all agreed to meet back up at 6.30 to watch the local festival/carnival.

An epic group of people turned up to the square - literally around 15 of us and we headed to a bar on the corner of Parque central for a drink. A smaller splinter group of us later left to get some street food and watch the end if the parade. We all randomly met up again at a bar a few blocks away & settled in for a few more cocktails.

A few of us kicked on to a Beatles themed bar a few blocks away owned by a random New Mexican mountain biker who was also a musician. He sat there playing us random stones tunes smoking fat Nicaraguan cigars & drinking straight tequila by the glass. I was beside myself with excitement to discover an espresso martini on the menu. It was worth the $8 usd I drunkenly paid for it- more than my freaking bed cost for the night - but worth it nonetheless.

Our little crew was a random bunch, two law school grads from Chicago, a Parisian guy who worked in IT, a CPA from London & me. Diverse conversation & lots of laughs (& drinks) later it was already 3am when we left!

Continuing on to a local dance club we stayed for less than five minutes before calling it a night! And a good night at that.

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.