Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 82 - El Salvador via Honduras to Nicaragua

NICARAGUA | Wednesday, 20 August 2014 | Views [188]

Spent the entire day in a bus and traversed there countries. Left our hostel in El Salvador just before 4am and arrived in Managua in Nicaragua at 7pm via Honduras.

We had relatively smooth border crossings notwithstanding extensive bag checks and passport scrutiny between Honduras and Nicaragua.

Met a nice Australian El Salvadorian couple on the bus who had come back for the first time in 25 years. Was very interesting to hear their views on the contrast between past & present El Salvador. I also love the understanding & familiarity that comes instantly when you meet people from home.

Arriving in Managua we had to engage the assistance of our new American friend Jacquelyn & a taxi driver at the bus station when Lindy somehow managed to get her belly button ring caught in the belt strap of her backpack. Thankfully with some patience, careful prodding and a bobby pin (not the taxi drivers knife) we got the ring out and only destroyed Lindy's tshirt in the process!

We scored the last free beds at the Managua Backpackers Inn & resorted to the local mall for a late dinner option. The hostel was great, packed with an excellent crew who we say up with talking later into the night. Not a bad short stint in Managua after all :)

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.