Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 50 - Antigua

GUATEMALA | Thursday, 17 July 2014 | Views [365]

We ventured out early to find a cute little cafe (Rainbow cafe) we had seen last night to grab some breakfast & map out the day.

After the Central American standard 'desayuno'- eggs, beans & tortillas we then had to find a new hostel as ours was booked out for tonight. Fortunately we found one cheaper & nicer pretty much across the road!

After securing a place to stay we found the trekking company we had tried to contacted & booked in to depart Thursday to do the three day/two volcano climb. I'm a little unsure just how challenging it's going to be - the company rep, Milton didn't give me a feeling of great confidence that we would be ok just emphasized how hard it would be! Hopefully with our experience with Everest, Tajumulco & San Pedro we should be able to manage this one? Here's a glimpse of the trek itinerary - http://www.getyourguide.com/antigua-l1619/3-day-acatenango-fuego-volcanoes-doubleheader-hike-t37084/.

With the trek sorted we headed to Antigua's fresh food & artisan markets to stock up for the trek & source lunch. We found a tiny little stall at the back of the fruit market where we scored a plate of tasty roasted pork, salsa & veggies for less than $2.50.

We made it back to the hostel just in time to miss the afternoon storm & sort out our packs. With most of our life admin complete we went back to meet some Scottish girls for beers on the rooftop of our old hostel.

Found a great place that sold stir fry (that was actually a stir fry) for dinner and settled in for the night.

 

 

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.