Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 29 - Parque Natural Majayara

CUBA | Wednesday, 25 June 2014 | Views [773]

The day started with an amazing breakfast of tropical fruits - some of which I had never heard of or seen before. The fruit was accompanied with traditional cacao, fresh squeezed juice & tortilla natural. Amazing!

This was perfect fuel to set us on our way across the black sand beach towards the caves & Playa Blanco (the white sand beach) through the Parque Natural Majayara south east of the main part of Baracoa.

We ventured along the first beach, crossed the bridge & then met the farmer who's land the cave is on at the village checkpoint. We walked with him to his house, had more coffee & fruit & then walked down to a little cave with a swimming hole.

Despite the fact it was incredibly hot, we opted not to swim in the dark cave with the farmer instead holding out until we got to the white sand beach.

Armed with some passionfruit, mangoes & our own ball of cacao we set off to Playa Blanca which was more like a little water inlet but it was perfect for a quick swim after a hot walk & far prettier than other beaches we have been so far.

Heading back to town we ate some delicious pizzas con queso y jamon for around 10 cents before tracking down a coco treat & cacao frio.

We sat on the roof of the casa & enjoyed the afternoon sea breeze & sunshine before having an amazing dinner cooked by our host & a few quiet beers to finish.

Baracoa is definitely our favourite place so far!

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.