Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 10 - Margaritas & Mexican Wrestling

MEXICO | Sunday, 8 June 2014 | Views [259]

It has been a pretty full on week at the Freda Spanish School & while we have markedly improved our understanding of spanish and pronunciation we have a long way to go before we have a competent, grammatically correct conversation. Thankfully we are living with our own personal languge tutor - Claire - who is correcting our homework everyday and helping us fill in the gaps! We leave for school everyday around 9am, finish at 2pm, eat sopes with the little mamas at our favourite street cart and then spend the rest of the afternoon and evening studying. Despite our diligence every day 'es muy dificil' so we are looking forward to finishing and hope this will be the foundation we need to navigate the rest of our travels in Cuba, Central and South America.

We never thought we would look forward to Friday as much on a holiday but we were counting down until the end of the week!

After finishing our homework like the good spanish students we are, we headed our for tacos, margaritas and then to the Lucha Libre - the infamous Mexican Wrestling. It was such a fun night - we drank cups of Coronoa bigger than our heads and laughed and cheered as the crowd hurled beer and abuse at the libres. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the dwarf wrestle- he was waiting on stage but didn't get in the ring. Claire tells us that they throw the dwarf wrestler around like a weapon...  would have been a sight to see especially since he was dressed as a parrot! All in all it was fantastic. 

As for the rest of the weekend we have a spanish lesson booked in with Claire Saturday, plan to head to the markets in the zocalo & then out for dinner and Salsa Dancing. As Lindy and I both believe we are 'muy malos bailarines' this will of course be a hilarious experience hopefully enhanced by some preparatory margaritas.

¡Hasta mañana!

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.