Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 5 & 6 - Mexico City

MEXICO | Tuesday, 3 June 2014 | Views [225]

After a slow Sunday taking in the last few sites around Morelia and sampling Gaspachos - the local delicassy of a sweet, spicy, salty fruit salad with onion & cheese, we caught the bus back to México City and ended up at a BBQ with a heap of Aussie ex pats. It was a great night all round. 

While on the bus I finally got into reading the book I had been carting around for months in Australia. A few more pages in the story started to feature a family from the Mochioacan province in Mexico- exactly where we had been staying and exactly  as we were driving through the region on the bus. A nice and yet freaky coincidence. 

Today (Monday) we spent the whole day on life and travel admin - everything seemed to take forever. After enrolling in an intensive Spanish course starting tomorrow (Tuesday) we had to take my poor macbook into the apple shop to have the water damage assessed. We also had to go to the German Embassy so Lindy could see the doctor about some issues with her eye who then referred us to a specialist at the local hospital. It was a long adventure amdist which we squeeezed in a tasty lunch at a trendy little Polanco Taqueria and made sure Lindy was fine.

We are not only getting better at ordering food, we are starting to understand cultural rules as welll such as never putting your hand bag on the floor ar a restaurant- it is not only bad luck, someone may steal it...we have even been here long enough to adjust to the mexican recording that blasts ot of tamale street food stalls throughout the day and night. If you dont know what I am talking about here is a taster - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhhM2F2S8tk&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Tonight we had an excellent night in and cooked a tasty dinner with Claire and her other guest Andrew. Accompanied by some Chilean and then Australian red wine we had the perfect end to the day and transition to intensive language school bright and early! Wish us luck :)

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.