Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 1 - Polanco

MEXICO | Thursday, 29 May 2014 | Views [261]

The Mexican Adventure (take 2 following our 2009 junket) has begun.

We arrived after an epic 32 hours in transit to take refuge in Claire's fantastic apartment. Kept company by her very cute ginger cat Chulo and her colleague Andrew who has just moved here for work we are being well looked after.  Our apartment is in Polanco nestled among the leafy streetscapes and city skyscrapers. Polanco is described as the 'Beverly Hills' of Mexico City. It is a well to-do inner city suburb that you could be fooled into thinking was anywhere in the world - a far cry from the Mexico we were first introduced to but not without it's own charm either.

After a stroll around the local parks, a little coffee, tacos and quesadilla's for lunch we were well due for an afternoon siesta while the rain poured down.

A little lounge time did us the world of good and we ventured out again tonight to a small cantina for a beer and more local fare. 

Right now I am making the most of some couch time in this luxurious place, snuggling with Chulo and sipping a cup of tea. All in all this is a very smooth travel transition and a level of comfort we better not get used to!

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.