Existing Member?

AdventurSpirit Travel memories fade fast if not recorded. This is an account of my travels - and adventure spirit...

En route to Seoul...

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 6 February 2007 | Views [1033] | Comments [1]

Landed in Singapore at 9.15pm local time. Cant believe how good a flight we had. We were very well looked after on the flight and Julie's sold and will join Krisflyer real soon... SWEEEET!

Got picked up at 10-ish, back home for but 1/2 hr, before we headed out for a night out. Followed Vince and Hanz heading to this new joint (new because I'd never been there before) called 'Butter Factory'... a real chillout R&B lounge. It was great to meet some of the faces whom I knew names of and also some friends I have not seen for years and years. Pity we only stayed an hr plus and the others were heading to Zouk coz as you can imagine I had been awake and rushing around for the past 21hrs... Only half confident about the Spore roads but I drove anyway.... after a few merry-go rounds, managed to get us all home safely at 3am (6am Melb time). *Yawn*

Up at 9-ish for 'Day 2'. Went to Toa Payoh Hub for some local fare and walked around a bit like a local. Satay bee hoon, cha hay mee, mee siam, chai tao kueh... all tasted as I remember them. YUM!!!! Then it was hometime for a bit of a break before heading out again to hav my fav laksa at Telok Kurau, where all my schooling years I ate there, so much so that the uncle knows me by face and I always get a nice greeting when I turn up.... but alas, it was shut when we arrived. Apparantly, he has sold out! Must be doing well if he is is shut by half 1pm on a Sunday arvo!!! Nevermind - TOMORROW!!! So off to Sim Lim Sq we go, for a feed - more local fare, popiah, ba chor mee, duah hay mee soup, nasi lemak and durian ice kachang for dessert - and of course to check out the electronics there! Found my camera with underwater casing, found Martin's mobile phone for quite reasonable prices... we are all happy! Then off to Raffles Place.... what for? To eat of course! Roti prata and Teh Tarik YUM! But for all our sinful indulgence, we need some punishment so we walk walk walk all the way from City Hall to Suntec City and back, even detouring to 'The Durian' for a looksee. And then as we returned to Raffles Place, we were booked in to Pataya for some Thai food. It was fantastic (as usual) and my favourite is the Thai Yellow Curry with Crab meat..... wah!!! Talk about indulgence!! After dinner, quick detour home to pickup Julie's camera and off to Night Safari we went. Even though we were pretty tired from all the walking in the arvo, the fresh night air just seems to wake us up... Martin even scored some air-time at the 'Creatures of the Night' animal show. It was throughly enjoyable!!

Up early again to catch the laksa man we missed yesterday. What did I say... his laksa is absolutely unbelievable - just as I remembered it. Quickly quickly, Dad drop us off at Vivo City and we made our way to Sentosa Island by a gentle cable car ride. Once there, we headed to the Butterfly and Insect Kingdom. It was like a 'real-life' lesson in nature, there were incubation displays, history of insect life, even a massive Butterfly enclosure equiped with their own waterfalls and streams, with bridges! Off to the next area - Images of Singapore. For me it was like a trip down memory lane, for when I was in High School here, we took school excursions to Sentosa. Images of Singapore showcased the multicultural way of Singapore life, and the history of how it came to be that Singapore IS so multicultural. Next stop... Underwaterworld. Highlight of Underwaterworld is definitely the touch pools where we were allowed to touch sharks and stingrays, with a hugh Ray Pool and these creatures would come straight up to you and eat from your hand. Rays have no teeth and when they eat off your hand, it feels like a giant sucker... haha... very cute!! Then off to the next area Fort Siloso where we all got a taste of the Japanese Occupation of Singapore. We went through bunkers and looked at huge guns - all that death and destruction. Boy am I glad I was born after all that!! With the day getting on, we were running out of time. The Dolphin Lagoon was the last stop on our visit to Sentosa for a Dolphin Show. It was nice to just sit and relax by the lagoon whilst the dolphins did their thing. Now its time for a feed, so on the MRT we went to get picked up by Dad. I was pretty hungry by then so we headed to the East Coast Seafood Park where I ordered the world famous Chilie Crab plus some old favourites - fried Baby Squid, Drunken Prawns, Stuffed You Tiao (chinese donut) just to name a few. Julie's favourite was the frog legs, Martin's was the chilie crab, and mine was of course the Drunken Prawns... If I was on diet - this meal alone would have stuffed it up... heh heh..... Everyone happy, headed home exhausted...

Woke up morning of day 4. It's time to leave tonight for Seoul!! Getting excited. Last day spent at the infamous Orchard Rd. Met up with Vinny at Orchard MRT station and off to Sim Lim Sq to buy last minute things... So here I am standing in Singapore Changi Airport, waiting to be called onto the next plane to Seoul.... Today is 28deg, not too hot by Singapore standards.... Off to minus 2 deg tomorrow... Happy Days!!

Fort Siloso Sentosa

Fort Siloso Sentosa

Tags: eating & sightseeing

Comments

1

G'daaaaaay all the way from the land of OZZZZZZ!!!!

How are you babe? by the sound of things... you are having a ball. it's just after lunch on Friday... so you're lucky I've already eaten... But all this talk about the food is making me hungry all over again! Sounds so so good.
Miss you lots... take care in the snow!!! AND GIVE US SOME PHOTOS!!!
Talk soon! Parisa xxx
p.s. by the way ran out of mascaras by Monday when I went. :( Never mind... I'm sure there will be another promo we will know about!!! hehe

  Parisa Feb 9, 2007 2:19 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.