Existing Member?

AdventurSpirit Travel memories fade fast if not recorded. This is an account of my travels - and adventure spirit...

Crystal Cascades

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [1895] | Comments [1]

Up at 9-ish today. Got stuck watching some documentary about the Miami drug lords on TV until almost 12. Got our stuff and grabbed some Maccas on the way to Crystal Cascades... Lost our way (coz this place was off the map) - apparantly it is the local's hangout! Cool. After getting some directions from a cabbie taking a smoko break, we went our merry way.

As we pulled into the carpark of Crystal Cascades, the first thing I noticed was the sound of running water and rustling leaves in the trees. Soooooo relaxing!!! Asked the crew if they were up for a 1.5km hike to Copplard Dam - no suprises the answer was a unanimous NO! We continued down the track and looked for a nice spot to dip our feet into the water.... BRRRRRR! The water was bloody cold! Splashing around a bit, there were small rapids coming down and when you find just the right spot... it felt like a spa! Cool.... We were spewing that we didnt bring the underwater casing and our snorkel gear and Julie didnt want to get in the water because she didnt bring her rashie - so we elected to go back to Cairns to pickup a couple of things. The road back this time was not too bad. It was actually really close to Cairns! Less than 20mins from town actually (first time took us almost an hour - woops). We were back in about an hour and it was seriously relaxing. We splashed around in the water and looked at the fishes and took some pictures and vids. Vinny had a glimpse of a tortise and I got super excited and probably scared it away... we spent ages looking for the tortise - no luck... bugga. Tired after the search, I draped myself over a piece of flat rock and took a nap. Lucky I put on sunscreen coz it was pretty hot!! By about 4pm we were hungry since we didnt have any lunch.

Yipeeee EARLY PRAWN at Raw Prawn on the Esplanade! 20% discount again 4.30-6.30pm! We had some prawns for entree this time, and I had the Seafood Supreme Spaghetti that Julie had last night.... it was as nice as I imagined it to be. Vinny had the Seafood Curry - and we had almost one garlic bread each!!! Still as yummy as yesterday!!!! 

It was still relatively early (only 7pm) so we went over to Global Gossip for $1/hr internet (where I facebooked again - heh heh). We over to the night market for a look and ended up with a personalised mobile phone string with my name written on a grain of rice. =) Dead tired from all the activities from the week and still sick and getting sicker - I vowed to sleep early that night - only to get sucked into some Hongkie movie on SBS - didnt get to bed till 1am... sigh.

Up 7.30am packing up the room furiously... obviously didnt prepare last night!! woops. Hurry hurry - met up with M&J downstairs and back to the Coffee Roast for ham cheeze and tomato croissant. Yumm... So sad.... We're leaving Cairns in a couple of hours.

Sadness...... no holiday to look forward to this time. Hope I make it to Japan in Feb08 for snowboarding. My holiday isnt even finished - already post holiday blues.......... sigh.

The Crystal Cascades

The Crystal Cascades

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

u need more pics

  shannon Jun 18, 2010 1:17 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.