Existing Member?

Exploring the World

A novel approach to the London Tube

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 8 August 2012 | Views [278]

While the world I used to know sleeps I sit in a Starbucks (I know it’s sacrilege but I’m desperate!) sipping, no sculling, a cappuccino. Thought I was over my jetlag but today is definitely trying to prove me wrong.

Day 2 at work and its all going well, same stuff I was doing at home so a nice gig to get! On the 22nd I’ll finish up then the next day I’ll fly out to Valencia for Tomatina for just over a week, plan on extending for a couple of nights after the event and just relaxing in the sun a bit, working on the tan and exploring some of spain.

Possibly the reason for me being so tired today is the fact that it took me an hour and a half to get to work this morning (compared to the 40 minutes the other day!). This morning I came across my first tube delay, according to the locals they happen all the time. I now realise how important it is for me to wander around this area and find an alternative route to work in case of ‘emergency’ I think.

Its been interesting catching the tube to work for the last couple of days, rush hour is simply chaotic and I’ve been told this is nothing! In the evening it takes me on average an hour to get home but its a good opportunity to just chill, read a book, listen to music etc. Like a forced relaxation period every day which for me isn’t such a bad thing. However,  one thing I have become acutely aware of is my height. I don’t mind being so small normally, but here my height is the exact  level of every middle aged mans sweaty, stinky armpit. All of whom squeeze into an area far too small for them and then reach up and hold the bar above my head!! I am just waiting for the day the tube stops suddenly and my nose ends up firmly planted in an armpit!

Apart from working I’ve just been taking it easy for the last few days, no hurry...I live here now! I’ve seen a few foxes wandering around, squirrels in the parks and Crows which are all still a bit of a novelty. Along with recieving 2p change from 90p, so many coins.

Until something interesting happens, stay safe!

KB

About kbradnock


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.