Existing Member?

Exploring the World

The first steps always the hardest...

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 1 August 2012 | Views [645] | Comments [1]

A quick summary of the trip so far

A quick summary of the trip so far

Hey All!

Sorry its taken a few days to get onto this, but as you can imagine travelling for 36 hours (managing 5 hours sleep) I was in no state to whip up my first entry when i landed. In saying that I now have far more interesting comments anyway having explored London a little.

Firstly, customs...amazing Hi-5 to Heathrow on that one. Took me longer to walk from the plane to customs then it did to actually get through! And the guy was so lovely, he gave me directions to where i’m staying...i didn’t have the heart to tell him i already knew so just thanked him, chatted and carried on. I sat next to this gorgeous wee elderly couple on the plane who became my best buddies. I think they also loved me because i showed them how to use the inflight entertainment; poor souls did nothing for the first few hours as i was sleeping!

I’m staying in a place called Acton, funnily enough Kate & Chelsey are staying merely minutes down the road so perfect location. Given that i didn’t know the address for my couch until i was in customs its all worked out exceptionally well. Its a great area, i’m sitting in a local park typing this up enjoying the greenery, and somewhere i wouldn’t mind flatting in the long run. So far, so good.

I wandered down to the supermarket this morning, Morrissons, and was absolutely blown away by how many great things you can get for a pound! Blueblerries, strawberries, rock melon, tooth brushes (good ones!), Salad greens, milk the list just goes on! Although as it’s a 20 minute walk from my place i’m living on muesli, fruit and yoghurt for the next week – not a bad diet! It made me realise how much we pay for things in NZ even though they’re local, this place was as cheap as the Sunday Markets...I’m in love!

Walking throughout London (I’ve been walking since about 10am this morning, now it’s 5!) has been great. I’m just cruising not too concerned with going anywhere in particular and then ended up outside Buckingham Palace...just casually! I’d wandered from a meeting in Piccadilly, down towards Hyde Park (unknowingly) stopping off to visit a little market (these things are just everywhere) and found myself then looking at the Palace. Not too shabby to end up there, even if I did get caught in a downpour...its Buckingham Palace, rain is nothing!

It still doesn’t feel like i’m in London, not sure if its  due to all the travel I’m so accustomed to or because i know i can easily get home if i really had to, but living over here isn’t really that crazy to me – not yet i guess at least. I have had some of the most bizarre things happening to me including a guy taking a photo of me on his Iphone as we were on the escalator in a tube station...so weird, i just looked away and boosted when I got to the top!

So many other wonderful and weird things have happened but i don’t want to make this too long and bore you all! Will try to write every couple of days if not more to keep you up to date and keep the entries shorter! I’ll be using this as my version of a travel journey to keep you all up to date and to also look back on in the future, so bear with me if some of the entries aren’t too amazing for you. Promise tokeep you in the loop with all the crazy situations I manage to get myself into (we all know they’re coming!!) but for now I must go, off to dinner with Kate n Chelsey. Can’t be a late night though, Job interview tomorrow morning!! Will keep you posted.

Oh one other thing, I do quiet enjoy seeing double decker buses & tube station signs everywhere...that's how I know I’m in the UK!

KB Over and Out.

Tags: london

Comments

1

Hey beautiful. I figured out how to get on this site...go me! So glad your well and safe and happy over there. Hope you got a pic of buckingham palace for Lucy, remember she wanted one? your having a ball...thats wonderful. Miss you so much but love reading about what your doing. Luvs you my darling xxoxoxxoxoxoxo Hi to the girls!

  Carol Bradnock Aug 2, 2012 6:13 AM

About kbradnock


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.