Existing Member?

Exploring the World

A Very Royal Affair Indeed

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 3 August 2012 | Views [461]

A little snapshot of the palace

A little snapshot of the palace

Well, what a few days I’ve had! I have finally managed to do basic things like get a UK Sim card, set up my bank account, begin the process for my NIN number as well as find a job and so much more!

First lot of big news...a job! I’ve been offered a fantastic opportunity for a couple of weeks work over here doing a very similar role to what I was doing at home. Starting on Monday out in Wimbledon I’ll be there until the 22nd before heading to Valencia on the 23rd for the La Tomatina Festival. I’m stoked, I couldn’t have planned it any better!

This week I’ve been playing tourist with Kate & Chelsey (2 friends from home).A double decker bus, Big Ben, the London Eye, Parliament and so on. Yesterday we had a truly Royal Day starting with watching the Changing of the guard – what a spectacle that is! – Before actually going inside Buckingham Palace. As the Queens away on holiday at the moment you can get in there for only £18. We then had scones at the Palace, ok so it was in the little cafe they set up and a scone was £6 but hey, I had tea and scones with the queen...sort of!

I’ve also done a lot of exploring on my own and familiarised myself with things like the tube, the area I live in, cool areas in town etc. The other day I just chilled at Trafalgar Square for a bit, just casually. Although I must admit walking around and looking at street names you do start to feel like a game piece in a real life version of Monopoly!

The other night I had a fantastic dinner with Candice & Henry who have promised to teach me the ropes and help me understand some of the lingo when I get really talking to locals. Candice has been over here for just over a year so knows it like the back of her hand. Which works out perfectly that she’s coming with me on Saturday to my first dress up party here in London, a boat party Olympic themed!

Must go, need to make phone calls to sort out a few more little things. Oh and all of that needs to happen before I head to the Olympics today with Kate....

More to come, watch this space.

KB.

About kbradnock


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.