Existing Member?

Exploring the World

Life in General

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 9 September 2012 | Views [497]

Life has been manic! So I’ve now been here for over a month and time has just flown by. I realise now how quickly the next 8 months will go!! So I’ve decided to embrace this trip with both hands. Over the last month I have lived in two flats (just couch surfing), visited the palace, brought my first cheap flights, been to Spain, got a job, worked at La Tomatina and made friends! It’s been a busy month and I’m glad to report I’m no longer Nigel no mates over here in London.

Work is good, doing pretty much the same thing as I was doing back home in NZ so it’s easy to slip back into it. I got my first UK paycheck and treated myself to a new handbag and a bit of make up to hide the bags under my eyes. Next thing I brought with my pay was my flights to Oktoberfest! I’ve been really lucky with work and managed to get a contract to work around the travel I want to do so I’m really pleased.

It’s a bit of a laugh working in an office with a bunch of Brits, I’m the one who says funny things and has an accent. Every so often I get this, “whhhattt are you saying!?” and other times I’m sitting there going “I have no idea what you’re asking me for!” all in all I love it. I’ve been hanging out with heaps of Aussies too and they’re just ripping me apart for my accent. Making me say Six, Chips etc.

The flat I’m living in at the moment is brilliant; the flatties are great and have really made me feel welcomed. Inviting me out with them and everything so I feel like part of the family. We’ve just decided that we’ll all have an ‘Orphans’  Christmas together so that’ll be good. Christmas in London, albeit cold, is meant to be beautiful so that's exciting.

Overall, living over here is an absolute roller coaster. One minute you love it, the next minute you hate it, then you want to travel everywhere and next you want to go home. But now that I’ve got friends I’m feeling a lot better and enjoying things a bit more. I’ve realised time’s going to go by too fast to not enjoy every moment.

I’m really maximising the travel options too...

September/October – Munich Oktoberfest
November – Following the All Blacks so Rome, Edinburgh, Cardiff
December – Egypt, Prague
January – Morrocco, Poland
February – Vegas, South America

I’ll be coming home absolutely stone broke but that's fine!....Mum will have to feed me when I get back  =)

Anyway, now I’m off to a friend’s farewell but will not be drinking as I still feel like death from last night!!

Talk soon....KB xxx

About kbradnock


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.