Existing Member?

Crikey! Jamie's gone down under!

Family in/around Melbourne

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 24 January 2011 | Views [325] | Comments [2]

Headed down to Lang Lang on the train on Thursday evening to go and visit the cousins that live down there. Spent the evening with Dougie and Adie (for those who don't know names, I'm sorry, I'm using them for the benefit of family that know who I'm on about) catching up on stuff and just generally chatting and planning the next couple of days. Not really a lot to tell you about Thursday.

The next day was a bit more pro-active. Had a bit of a lazy morning, but after a bit of lunch, I headed over to Meaghan's and spent a while talking to her and the kids about all sorts. Dougie swung by a bit later on, and we headed into Koo Wee Rup to get a load of meat from the butchers he works at for a BBQ that evening. Went back to Lang Lang and spent a while catching up on emails and facebook etc. before going over to Brooke's for a BBQ, where I halved my age and jumped in the pool, having a whale of a time with the kids, including Brooke's boyfriend's (Matt) son Riley. Got out to eat, then went straight back in, and ended up staying til 1am with a few of Brooke and Matt's friends just having a good laugh. Meaghan's family and Dougie and Adie had gone home already cos it was getting late and cold.

The next day, Dougie and I headed over to Andrew and Dee's as they hadn't made it to the BBQ. Turns out Andrew had dropped a 70kg sleeper on his ankle at work and literally couldn't walk. It was good to catch up with them, and Dee's family came over too, so it was nice to meet them. We lost track of time, and got called back to Dougie's as I was due to be picked up from there by Matt and Brooke in order to go to the cricket at the MCG. It was just an interstate T20 game, Victoria vs. NSW, and Victoria lost pretty heavily. It was a good night out though, and it was great to actually go to the MCG for cricket! Matt has spent the last few years running pubs, so has a few contacts that might be able to get me a job, so he's taking my phone number and I'm just hoping now!

On Sunday, I was supposed to be going jetskiing with Laura and her friends, but one (Bobbie) was too hungover to do ANYTHING (seriously, she was still throwing up at 5pm) so Laura picked me up at lunchtime, we headed out to lunch, then went to the beach at St Kilda with Boobie and another friend Keenan. I've been promised jetskiing next Sunday though!! Just chilled out there for a bit and then went back to Laura's place. It's a really nice place, and one of her flatmates is really techy, so we had some fun on the Xbox Kinect system (I tell you, it's so energetic!) before going back to Bobbie's for dinner (she was feeling a bit better now) to watch a film. We ended up watching "The Disappearance of Alice Creed", a great film, watch it if you can. Slept on her couch for the night and then we drove in to work on Monday morning.

Spent the morning at Steve, Karen and Laura's office, looking for houses and jobs etc. and in the afternoon, Steve and Karen took me out to lunch to the Dandenong mountain range. Mum - drove past a restaurant Karen said you might remember, the Cuckoo. After lunch we had a walk into Sherbrooke Forest, and then went to Sky High Lookout for afternoon tea. We went back to the office for a bit afterwards (where I am now) and I will be having dinner with all the Camms and possibly Linda if she makes it. Heading to Norma and Franks tomorrow, so will keep you posted from there. xxx

Yvette - Caroline doesn't have internet at her house, she's never there to use it! I will hopefully have found a place by next Saturday (when I think I need to move out by), but if not I can possibly crash at Laura's or Steve and Karen's for a few days whilst I find somewhere. I'm trying to arrange a few viewings of possible places for Friday, but no-ones got back to me yet. Caroline's is pretty much a base to work from, yeah! xxx

Allan - Yeah, there have been some great nights out! I am doing a lot of clubbing, it's good fun :) It is good to chill with friends and family now, but I will be back working soon cos the money won't last that long! I'll try and sort out a postcard once I get settled somewhere, just keeping reminding me! ;)

Comments

1

wow big J, jamie drizzle. sounds like your having an amazing time keep up the good work, well jealous of you. i would kill to be doing that. keep up the good work. hari over and out. xx

  hari keogh Jan 25, 2011 4:14 AM

2

I don't think you quite comprehend just how jealous I am of you right now.
Enjoy jetskiing, we'll chat again soon :)
x

  Vegan Jan 25, 2011 12:12 PM

About jtmoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.