Existing Member?

The world and beyond - reflections of a dharma nomad

more memories..

FRANCE | Friday, 3 October 2008 | Views [501]

 Another glimpse of the summer circa June 5th: We have been blessed with incessant chill and damp, and occasional rays of sun.  I am now relaxing after the most hectic month you could imagine.  Hundreds of people coming and going for different bits of the Festival. Various crucial materials going missing in the post and at French Customs.  Driving on the 'wrong' side of the road to the local town to pick up 100's of photocopied texts to replace the missing ones...(I still haven't got the hang of which way to look at junctions, and roundabouts- eeek!!) Learning how to buy lemon sorbet in French to recover from the driving experience - I haven't even been behind a wheel for a year, but I didn't want to tell the guy who lent me his nice French car.  I have however been cycling enough to know how to stick to the right side of the road.

  A friend from NZ is staying for the whole summer and I took her to the local village where there was a Rose festival the other day to celebrate June 1st - 1000's of roses and rose products and quirky stalls including hemp beer and crisps which I will sample later..

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.