Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 89. Camping on the River

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 23 January 2017 | Views [321]

We left Greymouth and headed to Westport, it was a beautiful sunny day to drive along the gorgeous coast. Though windy, we still went to the beach and made lunches. On our way towards Murchison, we listened to a podcast which was a great change from listening to music after all these miles. Sometimes, Cassela or Michealla will read aloud from one of their books that they're reading which helps get through the drives too. Sinc we didn't want to go to Nelson quite yet, we stopped about halfway there in Murchison. We drove around for a bit and then settled on a holiday park. It turned out to be one of our favorites, it was cheap, right on the river and had an amazing kitchen.

We settled in and opened a box of wine as we started to make dinner. We had delicious pork chops and tons of veggies on the big, covered deck that overlooked the river. On the other side, a few cows were busy drinking water from it. We finished up and headed back to our camp. It was a pretty, warm night but with lots of pesky sand flies. We played cards and also played some with the neighbors before going to bed. Cassela woke me up in the middle of the night to see the stars, and I'm so glad she did.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.