Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

death valley national park

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [428]

we drove from sequoia to bakersfield just for the night then off to death valley national park.  we actually stay about an hour out of the park, something we didn't realise when we booked the place, but as it turned out was a great thing.

we arrived at our hostel that was in this one school no shop town in the middle of the desert. as we pulled up i said, please dont let us get shot! well the polor opposite happened. we were greeted by collen, who booked us in then told us what to do for the next 24 hours and it was all fantastic. 

we settled into our hostel which was actually a renovated tralior, it was the cutest thing ever. we then went for a drive round the area, to china ranch where they had a date farm, had a date shake which was nicer than what it sounds.

the next morning we got up early and drove into death valley.  we saw alot of great sites and did a lot of driving.  the rocks and mountians combined with the salt lake and the history of the area was amazing. my favourite part was driving around twenty mule canyon road, this was the road that they use to use to get out of the area, and use up to twenty mules to pull out wagons of borax which they use to mine.

the senery was fantastic but did get tired of it by mid afternoon, as josh will tell you when i threw my toys coz i didnt want to walk up some hill to see the same view agian.

but was still well worth it and would recommoned anyone to visit as was something i had never seen.

me at 85.5m below sea level at bad water

me at 85.5m below sea level at bad water

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.