Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

sequoia national park

USA | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [7362] | Comments [1]

From Yosemite National Park we headed south to Sequoia Naional Park, we were staying at a little town out of the park called three rivers.  we had my birthday tea there at a french restarant that was on the river with a great view.  was a shame the food was less than great.

the next day we headed off to the park.  the park ranged from foot hills to full on mountians, so was great driving up in the car.  we made a few stops along the way to the top, including hospitial rock, tunnel rock and view point.

are first big stop was at the vistor centre and sequoia museum where we learnt all about the trees and how large they get. there was a great tree outside the museum. 

went for a walk out to bettle rock which overlooked the valley, then drove up to general sherman tree. it is the largest tree in the world by volume.  by the time we got there, there was snow still on the ground and about 2 degrees.  walked the mile to the tree but both of us were dissapointed in the tree as there were grander trees around. (and that we were frezzing)

we drove up to the village and to the information/general store. where we stumbled onto the backpackers wet dream.  Free food give away!  we got bars, water, chocolate, chips and even cake. got our snacks for the next few days. as we left saw a fox like creature not sure exactly what animal it was.

on the way back down the mountian we stop at moro rock to climb.  this was by far the highlight of the day. climbing this rock and getting to the top and looking out across the valley, some spots were diffently a little scary coming down.

we also stoped at a dead tree that you use to be able to drive your car on to take a photo. but even thou we couldn't  drive on it we still climbed all over and had lots of fun.

Sequoia National Park was a great day and not so developed as yosemite so really felt like you were in the middle of no where.


Seriously big trees.

Seriously big trees.

 

Comments

1

when did you go ?

  Sarah Mar 16, 2010 4:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.