Existing Member?

Un paseo por el mundo Colombia, Islas Shetland, Portugal ,Malta, los Balcanes y Estambul.

Armenia

SPAIN | Tuesday, 13 October 2009 | Views [470]

This city belongs to the Quindio´s Region and is in the "Eje Cafetero" Area. You can visit the National Park of the Coffee which is 15 minutes by bus. You can find out the process of the coffee from it is growing up till you drink a cup of it in a European city; There is another area inside of the park which is an amusement park, even with a Roaller Coaster! Then, this is a perfect place to spend a day, and before to leave it, know everyting about the Juan Valdez´s life.

Salento is a small village in the mountains which is 30 minutes by bus from Armenia. This village has a colonial style in the architecture and is located in the Cocora´s Valley. You can go by jeep through a path for 15 minutes and visit the National tree of Colombia "Palma de Cera". There are plenty of them in both sides of the river. After that, and before to go back to Armenia, you can have lunch in one of the restaurants around the square.

About jose_chache


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.