Existing Member?

Where's Jonny? Care to dine with me? You would think that 11 years of daily food tasting for a living might put me off?......au contraire! Chomp away with me across 6 continents. Seduced like a bloodhound to the scent of good food, I anticipate the misty waft of steaming broths, the satisfying crunch of mudbugs and the vibrant aroma of freshly pulverised lemongrass. Buon appetito

Reading list for sick patients

THAILAND | Thursday, 22 March 2007 | Views [832]

The nose runs, the eyes water and sadly I'm not just chopping shallots in northern Thailand.

Yes at some point in a years of travel we get sick.  Even Michael Palin gets ill (doesn't he?) As a male, I have a statistically higher propensity towards hypochondriasis and therefore every flu-like symptom becomes a rare tropical disease.

Actually ever since that bloke gave me the massage my symptoms started.  It was the first time sum-yung-guy has given me a massage.  Its also the first time any bloke has put himself on my back (leapfrogs at Senior school aside)  For a bloke who must have weighed in at 8 stones he somehow managed to make more cracking noises from my spine than a bowl of rice crispies.

I woke the next morning, head spinning, muscles aching, there were bruises and I was sweating like translucent onions awaiting risotto rice.

Had I been slipped the date-rape drug?

Its day 2 since the massage and the headache has gone - just sniffling, coughing, sneezing and itching. (yes itching, bloody bedbugs are a nightmare)

I thought it a poigniant time therefore to mention some of my recommended books for reading when ill. 

My current books are, "Freakonomics" and "The teachnings of the Buddha"

Reading list below

The food of Love - brilliant book if your into food or romance or both.

Freakanomics (2006) - I'm not one for figures but the book is easily readable and I enjoy contoversy.

Tiger in the bed by Claude Balls

The Haunted House by Hugo First

Dangerous Driving by I.C Roads

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.