Existing Member?

Year around the world

East Coast - part 3

USA | Wednesday, 20 March 2013 | Views [271]

 

 

Hello from Orlando Florida!

It's been a little while since my last blog, I left y'all off at Virginia Beach. VB as the locals call, it was a little cold but had beautiful sun and blue skies with friendly locals and fighter jets. We went back in time and rollerbladed up and down the 3 mile broadwalk without any skinned elbows. From VB, we made the 7 hour trip down to Charleston South Carolina. As soon as you cross the boarder, there are heaps of fireworks stores as they are legal in SC, NYE dream. With Sarah being a ghost tour enthusiast, we bought tickets and scrambled through a myriad of lane ways with our gothic dressed tour host (kerosene lantern and all). 7/10 for the tour and sadly no ghost were seen.

 

From there we headed south to Brunswick with a brief stop in at a plantation and  the largest St. Paddy's day party in the world. Turns out the people of Savannah go completely nuts and hundreds of thousands of well oiled green covered revelers dominate the streets on March 16th (the day before). 1 in every 50 people were not green, amazing and not predicted in the slightest.

 

With a quick stop in at St Augustine, we are now resting up after a massive day at "island of adventure" at universal studios, Orlando. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Harry Potter World we wouldn't have made it, but boy am I glad we did. The Harry Potter ride was terrible and nauseating, it was like I was a piece of sheet metal about to be loaded onto a car and spot welded on (a chair on a pre programmed robotic arm). They had dome screens that came over the chair and made you feel sick. After that, we calmed our bellies with an ice cold butterbeer and some wand shopping. Jurrassic Park was the best by far and we rode it 4 times. The highlight of the day was when Sarah and I went on one of the craziest rides there, see attached photos. Nerves of steel!

 

Not too long until central america! 

 

Rollerblading, yes that jumper was tied around my waist 90's style.

 

Sunny Charleston

Old plantation area, Drayton house SC.

 

Why wait for a toilet, BYO! St Paddy's day eve Savannah.

 

Complimentary orange juice on arrival.

 

One happy muggle

Yes, went on that!

 

 

 

About joliver4567


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.