Existing Member?

Year around the world

Mexico

MEXICO | Saturday, 11 May 2013 | Views [246]

 

Mexico, the strangest customs around. Thankfully we were able to go through without any outrageous tourist "fees". When you get to customs, they have a traffic light with a button on it. You press the button and get either a green light or red light for a bag search. Thankfully a swift green light and we were on our way. We are currently staying at Tulum, a small tourist town with quite modern facilities. We have our own private beach, with moray eels, fish and cenote outlets. This is where the hot water comes out of the sea bed, so warn that it blurs the vision through the water. 

 
Today we went on a cenote tour to three of the local cenotes (water caves). These are pretty amazing caves and beautiful fresh water. You can jump into them and explore the depths of the massive underwater caves. Our Swiss tour guide was amazing and many big underwater and above water dives were had. 
 
Two more days left and then we are in cancun and ready to head home via Mexico City.
 

About joliver4567


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.