Existing Member?

Year around the world

Belize

BELIZE | Saturday, 11 May 2013 | Views [284]

 

Well, what can I say, we had an unbelizeable time in Caye Caulker. As we only had about 5 nights to stay in Belize, we stayed at Caye Caulker ( a small quay about 45 min out into the carribean from Belize city). The highlight of the stay was doing a full day snorkelling and sailing tour to three dive sites. The first dive site had a manatee that looked to be sleeping but made great viewing. The second dive site had about 30 nurse sharks, 10 stingrays and a school of jacks all fighting for the sardines that were thrown into the water.  They seemed pretty tame as the tour guide tickled and petted both a stingray and a shark. Turns out that stingrays are extremely slimy and nurse sharks are really rough. The third dive site had lots of reef fish and sea turtles. Something that we've been chasing for a while. The underwater camera was able to get some good shots of these amazing creatures. On the way home from the dives, we had rum punch and carribean food.  
 
We also tried stand up paddle and canoeing. There was a school of terrapin's close by that provide some meter long fish entertainment.
 Apart from that we had a ball with some European travellers/revelers that we met along the way. There was a pub by a channel and good cheap food, many a great night was had. 
A must go to location in Central America.
 
 

About joliver4567


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.