Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Macchu Picchu, Peru

PERU | Sunday, 21 November 2010 | Views [619] | Comments [3]

No, I didn't do the Inca Trail, I'm not paying five hundred bucks for a three day trek.  A friend I made in Arequipa in spanish school came and met me in Cusco and we went to Macchu Picchu the cheapest way possible.  We took a shared taxi into the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo then the cheap train to Aguas Calientes.  Aguas Calientes is the town right next to Macchu Picchu in the Sacred Ruins and can only be reached by train.  The Sacred Valley itself is absolutely stunning, the Incan ruins are just a bonus.  The setting of Macchu Picchu was what made these ruins so special.  On the side of a mountain surrounded by even higher mountains on all sides made the view here perfect.  It is the rainy season so there weren't all that many tourists and it was sunny all day anyway.  Macchu Picchu is everything that it has the reputation to be.  Even with a lot of tourists in the area it was still a very special place.  The Sacred Valley including Macchu Picchu are one of the most beautiful sites I've seen on any of my travels.

Tags: cusco, macchu picchu, peru

 

Comments

1

Uno recevo esta un post cardio es scribo un en Spanishio un manyana. Es mui buein y mostes gratitudios my comadre. Los ostros del le Thanksgiving este mui spectacolo este con thres turkios. Como de rapido tu es spledidos con mia husbano de punta!

Mucho fabrizio,
UB

  Uncle B Nov 29, 2010 12:12 PM

2

Sorry, I meant to type "Los ultros" not "Los ostros".

  Uncle B Nov 29, 2010 12:14 PM

3

Joey, can you Skype me when you are on your computer and we can Skype share so you can go thru the photos with me? I have some questions on Macchu Picchu. You know I have wanted to go there for the past 15 years.

  UB Nov 29, 2010 12:29 PM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.