Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Motorcycle Ride through the Sacred Valley, Peru

PERU | Friday, 12 November 2010 | Views [1167] | Comments [2]

I found an offroad adventure guy here in Cusco who rents motorcycles.  I thought a great way to see The Sacred Valley would be to ride around all day on a bike and take pictures, and it should be worth it only costing fifty bucks for the whole day.  The Sacred Valley is the valley surrounding Cusco encompossing Macchu Picchu and countless other villages and Incan ruins.  The ride was absolutely amazing.  The Incan ruins are just the icing on the cake.  I rode through small mud hut "Pueblos" with rural Quechua farmers in traditional clothing.  The road was up, down, and through the mountains.  Surrounded by mountains on all sides, terraced green fields and jagged snowy peaks.  I stopped probably every five hundred meters to take a picture.  There was not one point on these roads today that wasn't gorgeous.  Though steep roads with sheer drops and sharp turns is not the wisest place to learn how to ride a motorcycle it was well worth it.  I cannot imagine a better way to take in the overwhelming scenery of the region.  There is a growing number of places in my memory that I am positive I will remember for the rest of my life.  I'm sure this is now one of them.  I try to find in my memory a place as overwhelmingly beautiful as this place that I have visited and I haven't been able to.  Even if Macchu Picchu were not here I'm certain that there would still be hordes of tourists flocking the region just to take in the view.

Tags: cusco, motorcycle, peru, the sacred valley

 

Comments

1

Joe Joe, you just had to ride a motorcycle didn't you!

  Uncle B Nov 15, 2010 5:54 AM

2

I'm curious where you rented your bikes from. I'm going down mid-January and that sounds like a blast! ^_^

  Dan Dec 2, 2010 2:09 AM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.