Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Ibra, Oman

OMAN | Tuesday, 20 January 2009 | Views [1011]

I got a tip from Daniel to check out Ibra.  It wasn't in my lonely planet but he said it was nice out there.  Lucky for me I found a couchsurfer, an American girl working at the University in town.  Ibra was ok, but Colleen, the girl there was great.  Her and I hit it off, had a lot in common.  A world traveller too, has that same traveling bug and adventurous spirit.  Not much to say of Ibra, but going there for a few days to meet Colleen was a worthwhile diversion in my plans.  It's nice to meet someone kind of like me, so I know I'm not completely nuts.  The most memorable I think of the few days I spent with her was watching Oman win the Gulf Cup in Soccer.  We were in the middle of the desert in some little cafe watching it from a projecter and smoking sheeshas with about 50 Omanis.  She doesn't have a car so we got around by hitchiking.  We got out of the desert by hitching with some Bedouins in the back of a pickup truck.  I had to leave after a few days or I would have stayed for a lot longer.  When I left I got the idea in my head to hitchike the entirety of Oman, that's a story in itself.

Tags: hitchiking, ibra, oman

 

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Oman

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.