Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Back in Brisbane

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 5 February 2014 | Views [552]

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
TS Eliot

How apt is this quote from the great TS Eliot? It's my first day back in Brisbane. It might be partly due to the fact I had no sleep flying in, but it all feels surreal.

As I found my seat and prepared for take-off yesterday, I was taken back to my first journey away from Brisbane to San Francisco via Auckland. I was a bunch of nerves and tears - sad to leave what I felt was safe and home, nervous about what really lied ahead of me with this unbelievable trip of a lifetime. It was strange to feel the exact same feelings coming back - to feel sad to depart from the uncertain but enriching environment of travelling, and to feel nervous about what my rather clear forecast for the year.

Things have changed so much over the past year, both externally and internally. Maybe I have travelled enough to reach a state where it really IS my first day back in Brisbane once again.

Tags: australia, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.