Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Packing Up

MALAYSIA | Monday, 3 February 2014 | Views [579]

I think it's finally begun to really hit me that it's time to head back. It's my last day before I travel back to Australia. I'm packing and I'm really sad.

As I look through my wardrobe deciding which items to bring back, it's the dresses that trigger memories of this past year in my mind. I remember how I was wearing them. It's that look. The look of happiness and freedom. I'll miss it so much.

Then there's that yellow jumper. It brings me back to work. I received so many comments about it wearing to work because of its bright colour. But I've also carried with me all around the world. So maybe going back to being the yellow jumper girl isn't that bad.

It’s not as though this day has sprung up suddenly on me. I’ve been busy researching prospective homes to rent, making appointments for when I get back, talking to work, writing to people about what’s happening, etc. But right now, it’s time to pack. While I've always loathed the packing part of travelling, this is by far the hardest and saddest session I've had to endure.

Isn’t it weird how it’s the packing that always gets me?!

Tags: malaysia, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.