Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Being Illogical

HUNGARY | Thursday, 25 July 2013 | Views [415]

Sometimes logic really escapes me. This morning I stood at Liberty bridge, pondering about how I should get to "the Hospital in the Rock" (an old hospital and nuclear bunker in the cave system under Castle Hill), from where I was. I could walk along the Danube and then ascent Castle Hill. Or I could walk up Gellért Hill (a taller hill in comparison to Castle Hill) on my way to Castle Hill. I consciously made the decision to walk up both hills as Gellért was "kind of on the way". Although it was a more strenuous journey, I got to see the Lady Liberty statue, the old fortress and the view, two sites I was just going to dismiss as too hard to get to. 

 
Sometimes, I have a lot to thank for with my "illogical self". Life would be so mediocre without her. I was deleting photos off my iPhone to make room for future ones. The process had me remembering fond moments on my trip so far and initiated a spontaneous reflection of how unbelievable it's been. I've been to a lot of amazing places, experienced and created some unforgettable memories, met a lot of beautiful people along the way and learned some valuable lessons not only about the world but about life and myself. I feel so thankful for the opportunity to go away and do something outrageous. Something only my "illogical self" had a lot to do with!

Tags: cities, european adventure, reflections, sightseeing, walking

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.