Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Viva Brazil

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 8 May 2013 | Views [516]

I feel like I will REALLY leave my heart in this gorgeous country. 

Today's breathtaking memory: Dangerously perched at the edge of a rock, watching the waves violently crash and mingle at Joatinga at sunset. It was like watching fireworks but with water. There are really no words to describe how amazing it felt to be in that moment.
 
That is how it is with most of my moments in Brazil. From the moment I saw Iguassu Falls to indulging in delicious food with Renata in Sao Paulo. From the moment I walked around in Rio de Janeiro with Andre and Sarah to seeing the iconic view of Rio from Cristo Redentor on Corcovado. From appreciating the natural serenity of Ilha Grande to the hectic streets of Lapa. From high class in Sao Paulo to bohemia in Santa Teresa. From the moment I met my beautiful friends to loving the sun, sand and water. It doesn't come with any surprise that I have fallen deeply in love with this country. 
 
I have to come back. When I do, it will be for an extended period of time so that I can visit more places, learn the language and really get comfortable. I really need more time to eat feijao and drink açai until I get sick of it (which probably is never).
 
It is really hard to think about leaving tomorrow. I would really stay here much longer but alas, it's time for another adventure. 
 

Tags: beaches, bohemian, brazil, bucket list, cities, food, friends, landmarks, nature, sightseeing

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.