Existing Member?

Cutting Loose in Asia This journal/blog will chronicle the adventures of Leah & Joel in Hong Kong & the Philippines from July 12-August 8. Leah will conduct PhD research, Joel is along for the ride...

Profuse-perspiration

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 25 July 2007 | Views [724]

Manila makes people sweat. Its just warm and sweaty all the time, and there's lots of loud jeepneys which make it smoggy. We like jeepneys which must have special holed mufflers. They cost about 20 cents each segment.

Yesterday I met friends of the Burgesses, from years and years ago. Jingle used to take care of KB and LB, when they were about 5 and 2. They generously hauled nearly 2 hrs up to my place to meet, then took me around Intramuros.

Lesson of today was: texting logistics is crazy!!! I met up with people twice in a megacity and negotiated airplane itineraries with a travel agent all while touring the city and ignoring pedicab hawkers. Its fun! Had a great time! The time is really going too quickly over here. Will try to squeeze in a few sidetrips before leaving for lovely Palawan for a week, where I'll help with GIS training for local government. Peep the fotos.

beautiful Catholic cathedral in Intramuros

beautiful Catholic cathedral in Intramuros

Tags: Culture

About jmasselink


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.