Existing Member?

The Adventures of JimJamJim

Hindu? More Like Voodoo!

INDIA | Tuesday, 10 February 2009 | Views [2479] | Comments [1]

Q.Do you remember the name of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Japanese master?

A. It was Splinter/Hamato Yoshi. And Splinter was a rat.

Whoever created this particular character was probably inspired by the  Karni Mata Temple in Deshnok, Rajastan (India innit).



Looks pretty normal eh? Like all temples, footwear is not permitted inside and this provided the first gross factor!

I enter and look up at the ceiling...



Look at all the flying vermin sitting there! And you all know how much pigeons love shitting! Fortunately, socks are allowed so you wont get pooh in your toes.

Check out my style and pooh splats. Yeaaaahh.

What is the second gross factor?

Before I tell you that, you need to hear the legend:

Karni Mata, an incarnation of Durga, asked the God of Death, Yama, to restore the life of the grieving storyteller's son. When Yama refused (arsehole)  Karni Mata reincarnated all dead storytellers as rats, depriving Yama their souls.

The second gross factor
The temple is fulls of KABAS!

W
H
A
T

I
S

A

K
A
B
A
S
?



A mass of holy rodents!!!
I shit you not.



They're scampering around all over the temple AND YOUR FEET!

It's outta control!


Pilgrims offer milk to the disease carriers...



Prasand (holy food offering) is left in front of the silver alter. Prasand are yellow badboy sugar cubes
and soon they're covered in rat's salavia. I think this one died of a hyperglycemic shock...



This temple belongs to the dark arts.

I inspected  my soles after exiting the Pied Piper Palace, they were covered in pigeon pooh with a touch dampness from rat piss. Nice. I have know lost all respect for Hinduism with its polluted river bathing rituals, weird temples and invent your own animal deity and jackanory stories.

Good night, sleep tight.
Hope the rats don't bite.

Comments

1

Fun to read

  Mina Aug 17, 2016 5:24 PM

About jimjamjim


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.