Existing Member?

The Adventures of JimJamJim

A Shit Story

INDIA | Tuesday, 10 February 2009 | Views [1409]

Some might say "India is a piece of shit", and in some respects this it true. For example, there are no bins and so people drop litter everywhere, the gutters are clogged up with litter and rancid water. Men openly urinate into the gutters ALL DAY LONG. Women squat and piss in the gutters quite gracefully.

There are animals roaming around and shitting everywhere. Cows are sacred (according to Hindus not McDonalds) and they shit the biggest, one might ask is this holy shit?

A fellow travller saw a toddler do a shit in the middle of the road, it had barely touched the ground before a dog eagerly ate it up. As you can imagine, all the piss and shit creates a certain aroma, you could say India stinks of shit.

The river Ganges is a holy river and guess what... it is full of shit too! You don't see terds floating by but you wouldn't drink that water and you certainly wouldn't bathe in it. They do. Millions of them, I saw it with my own eyes. I can only assume they have a super tough immune system, not like us pussy white folk.

I think if you've survived the porter-loos of festivlas you will survive the culture shock of India.

Enjoy your UK tap water, I'm off to catch Cholera in the Ganges. Namasta.

About jimjamjim


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.