Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

macbackpackers

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 18 December 2008 | Views [926] | Comments [7]

We have arrived safely in Pitlochly and are safely and more importantly warmly settled into Jess and Dans lovely chalet. We didn’t venture out yesterday, just slept and relaxed and slept a bit more until the evening when we went into town to do a bit of grocery shopping. Steve isn’t with us; Tieman asked him to fly down to Wales for tailgate stuff, so he arrives tonight.

Our tour of Scotland was fantastic, we had a ball. It was a shame that we couldn’t do a 5 day tour as it was a bit rushed but at least we were able to see some of the sights. Highlights were; all 3 of us now having eternal beauty after dunking our faces in the freezing cold water of Slighan Brook, I could feel the wrinkles literally being frozen off, trying to walk on snow and ice (Steve was unsuccessful but I missed the photo ) to reach the Hermitage which has the most stunning views of a waterfall, walking around Fairie Glen and listening to all of Neils (our fantastic tour guide) Scottish stories and beliefs about the area, climbing Old Man of Storr, a huge mountain to then have it start snowing making what was already a stunning view even more spectactular, the story of the five sisters of Kantail and then to come around the corner to see the view-amazing, Eileen Donan Castle lit up at night and even when the wind threatened to blow Steve away he still took photos for me while I stayed in the warm bus ( isn’t he gorgeous!!!), many, many lochs (lakes) most had stunning backdrops of snow covered mountains and most importantly, one of the nicest group of young people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The exchanging of knowledge,. and travel tips was invaluable and something I will always remember.

Edinburgh was beautiful and I have sent postcards from there. We are going xmas shopping in Glasgow on Saturday so looking forward to that.

We are going to hire a car to do some touring while Jess and Dan work. Neil has recommended several places to visit while we are here, some we will do with Jess as she hasn’t seen them all herself.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone (I might not get another chance to do a blog) we will be thinking of you all.

Love Mandy, Steve, Jess, Dan and Bec xxxxxoooooooo

 

Comments

1

Hi All

Lovely to hear from you. I check all the time and its exciting when there is something new! Its cool here! I know nothing compared to your cool but we are meant to be in summer! Hopefully will turn for the better soon. I am wearing jumpers!! I have finished my shopping which is good. I dropped into Brendas this morning and she is sick poor thing. Can hardly talk so hopefully she will feel better soon. Missy cant wait to see Bec she is really having withdrawals!! She is working everyday and thinks she's the only hard working one! She missed enrollment for Uni last week so had to take day off yesterday and pay $100 late fee!! Nothing changes with Miss! Sarah is surviving her first official week of being a Physio on her own! She has been nervous but no one has died yet she says so she must be doing OK. We had Dave and Julie up last night to chat about our holiday so not long to go now. Andrews knee is not good so hoping that improves soon. It cant be helping all the work he is doing! Hope you all have a wonderful christmas! We will miss our visit in the morning but will be thinking of you all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!! Love Andrew Sue Sarah Aaron Danielle Missy and Jesse xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sue Batten Dec 18, 2008 10:56 AM

2

As Sue said it is always good to read the next instalment of your trip. Everything sounds terrific and I am sure you are all having a wonderful time. Hope you all enjoy a bit of rest and relaxation before you head home again. Enjoy your christmas shopping in Glasgow and what ever trips you do with the hire car. If we do not hear from you again have a awesome Christmas in Scotland and a safe trip home. Will make a toast to you all at Christmas as we will be thinking of you all. Love Gai Ken Andrew and Laura xxxxxxxxx

  Bassos Dec 18, 2008 1:29 PM

3

Hi Mandy Steve & Bec,

Have been following your blog - was a bit disturbed to see the Title where Amy has been replaced by Ernie but its great having her back home although she's missing Jess & Dan. Your trip sounds fantastic and you've seen so much, enjoy your white Christmas (it may even snow here the way the weather has been performing), stay warm and give our love to all.

Luv from the Hartes of Healesville xxxxx

  joy harte Dec 19, 2008 12:48 PM

4

Great to hear from you and what a wonderful time you are having....still wish I was there, snow and all. Finished my little bit of christmas shopping that needed to be done.I did it in 2 hours. Yeh. Not many people in our house this year. Having trouble putting the decorations up. Just don't seem to have the oomph although Mel might be happy that I did get some chrissy lights outside. I cheated as well with the tree and brought one to plug in the wall. It looks nice at night. Slack. Darren is busy getting some jobs finished before christmas so is working until xmas eve but now he is really sick but he is continuing to work. Thats the way it goes. The tour sounded wonderful. Did Meg get to join you? Mel is with oma in Germany and it is snowing there like crazy as well. But she is finding her way around quite well and gets to Stuttgart often to an internet cafe that she has found. My aunts and uncles take her out but they are all working during the day so do what they can in the evenings and weekends. Anyway have a fab time with the "kids" and a wonderful christmas. Our love to you all.
Darren and Tina xxxx

  Tina & Darren Dec 19, 2008 1:22 PM

5

Hello Mandy, Steve, Rebecca, Jessica and Daniel your blog sounds absolutley wonderful l am so glad that all of you are having a terrific time. Trent has now got an apprentice working in surrey hills at Warren Smith Auto Service so we are all excited and has had the best Christmas Present ever.I have now finish work for the year, and have got the same amount of work and maybe more I'll find out more when we start next year so thats really good, David is away he was in Adelaide and now he is in Sydney until Monday. Joshua's Birthday is on Tuesday so I've got everyone coming around for a B,Bque tea and cake. The weather here is awfully cold not as cold as youve got of course. I went to the pictures and saw Twilight I read the book and both book and movie was fantastic, I'm now half way through the 2nd book. I think that's all the news Ive got so all of you have a Merry Christmas and keep having lots of fun love and kisses Lisa, David, Trent and Joshua

  Lisa Baring Dec 19, 2008 8:20 PM

6

started another file to day should make a really good book when finished on Jessicas return getting near christmas now hope you have the traditional white christmas and really enjoy your selves I not you have hired a car hoping to get around and see places and get photos the camera you got me must be very popular I tried to get a spare battery always needed went every where all just sold out but in a side street shop got one so wont be caught out over christmas and birthdays etc we will be thinking of you over christmas and will toast your white christmas our love to you all and have a great christmas I note Earny has now got two play mates to look after any way happy christmas to Mandy Steve Rebecca Jess and Dan with all, our love Val and Mick xoxoxox

  val and mick Dec 20, 2008 11:00 AM

7

Dear Hetheringtons (+Dan -Luke)...

We finally had our first few days of sunshine. Yesterday (sun 21st was bout 30 degrees and same with today). Had our Millott X-mas yesterday too and was really good to see all the family. Im starting to feel old now as my uncles become grandparents and my grandparents become great grandparents. 4 little babies in the family lol!

I got my load for next year too. I have years 11,9 and 7 History, 9,8&7 German and 7 Sport too so should be really fun. Went down last Thurs to meet the German staff and pick up textbooks - really exciting!

Mum, Dad and Danielle both say hi too. We are now starting to get ready to choof off to myrtleford - im really looking forward to this as i missed out last year. Hopefully Luke can come up for a day too - got my fingers crossed!

Hope you have a merry (white) christmas and a happy new year. All the best

Brenton, Shannon, Uncle George, Aunty Debbie, Danielle & Aaron! (and Lucky, Skye, Daisy, the budgy, etc.. so on and so forth :D)

  Brenton Millott Dec 22, 2008 11:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.