Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

rainy scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 28 August 2008 | Views [580] | Comments [5]

Dear all,

Just a little note to let you know of our happenings…

Tash left us today, she is travelling with a Canadian friend for 10 days and then going home to work and for Christmas and will head back to Europe in febuary..so we will catch up with her then.

The season has died fairly quickly..all of a sudden the caravan park is empty, all English and Scottish holidays are over so most of the visitors are weekend stays or the retired in their permanent vans. They are all really friendly, love a chat and most have a drink or two at the bar.

Amy and tash had an awesome Saturday night..while the rest of us worked, they went into town and saw a ACDC tribute band, amy said it was a great nite..and she has made a new record for herself..she originally was the first staff member to throw up in the toilets whilst cleaning them, she is also now the first staff member to throw up in a cabin toilet whilst cleaning..good effort amy..of course none of this sickness was alcohol induced.

On September 15th we -me, dan amy and mel (dans sister) will be making a trip around Scotland. it’s a 5day bus tour with Mac backpackers (check out the website it’s the 5day highland fling tour). It should be an awesome trip and a perfect way to finish Scotland for amy before she goes to denmark and then home.

Although I studies languages at home, I made a right fool of myself on Sunday night in the bar..a lovely gentlman said “grazias” (thank you in Spanish), and I dead seriously looked at him and said “sorry I don’t speak French”…fool. But of course everyone else at the bar thought it was hilarious.

Today dan and I had the day off and we visited Dundee, an hour by train from pitlochry. Dundee is a little rough, but it has a great shopping centre, had a wonderful afternoon wandering the shops..maybe me more then dan, lol. But they also had my favourite shop lush, so were going to smell beautiful.

Not much else out of the ordinary, dan still playing funny buggers with the dryers, tying all of amys undies together in a chain…good one. Back to work tomorrow..I think im on pool in the arvo and dan is working with eddie outside.

Hope all is well at home and the weather starts warming up soon..while the weather here is getting colder already.

Love to all,

Love jess xo

Comments

1

Hi guys, glad to hear all it still good. I presume you will be looking forward to your break and trip around Scotland. Hope you enjoy it. I bet you are also looking forward to catching up with Mel. Hope you enjoy the last bit of your trip Amy before you head home. Sorry you had such a bad stomach virus Amy!!!! Keep having fun. All our Love Bassos

  Bassos Aug 29, 2008 10:09 AM

2

Hi Jess still logging the Blog and making up my files you still seem to be having fun I expect you will miss Tash also Amy when she leaves after the tour it sound really exciting you should enjoy it plenty of photos for the scenery should be spectacular pity you do not get any Japanees tourists you could really excell and make up for your mistake and prove to every one how good you really are when you return I have a really good book for you The Persimmon Tree by Bryce Courtnay it has alot about the japanees and their culture you should enjoy it well not much news except rain and cold like you our love to Amy Dan and of course you Jess love Gma and Gpa xoxoxo

  mick and val Sep 1, 2008 8:53 AM

3

Hi Jess Dan & Amy
We went and saw Wicked last night. It was fantastic! Loved it. Set and Costumes fabulous and a nice story too. Went for dinner first, beautiful food but grumpy man! Mum asked for Parmesen and was told he would bring it after he had bought all the meals out!! There were 11 of us and he was bringing meals out slowly! Had a good night anyway! Its spring at last!! Sarah did very well at the Angliss got 90 percent so she was very pleased. She had only left there 5 mins and the manager rang and asked her to work there 3 days each week for the next 4 weeks so that will be good.
Keep enjoying yourselves and have a great trip!
Luv Sue PS Did you get my parcel?
xx

  Sue Batten Sep 1, 2008 3:02 PM

4

Hey Guys!

It feels liek yesterday u only begun at the caravan park, and now you're finishing ... scary how time flies!

What whiskey distilleries you going to - if you're going to glenfiddich apparantly its amazing, but i reckon any would be good that include tastings :) !!!

Not much happening here. Got a week to go left of teaching rounds and i think i have also lined up a job in endeavour hills teaching in term 4 - should be interesting.

Fathers Day is also on this sunday so will get to see everybody (bar yourself ofcourse) so that will also be pretty cool.

Enjoy your trip around Scotland, and then whats next on the agenda???

  Brenton Millott Sep 5, 2008 10:00 AM

5

Hi guy's,
I am waiting for more blog........it passes my time while I am at work. By now Mel is with you and you guys would be getting ready for a break. I hope you all have fun touring together and Amy you make the most of it. Have a ball and hear from you soon.
Love Ma & Pa........Tina & Darren.xxxxxxxxxx

  TINA Sep 9, 2008 11:11 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.