Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Monday, 2 June 2008 | Views [519] | Comments [4]

dear all,

just letting you know that after 2 nights in amsterdam we are still alive...although a little scarred...

first..its a very nice establishment we are staying in..even if you arnt smoking im pretty sure u could still get high in our hostel just by sitting in the rooms...they stink.

city itself is big, dirty and smelly, and definately my least favourite city in the whole of europe.

We have had an awesome time with some other aussies we met, but then knowing we had to go back to our smelly rooms kinda ruined the night.

the back of our hostel is part of the red light district..there are girls in the windows of the basement of our hostel.the front faces the coffee shops and sex shops.

visited the anne frank house, was worth visiting.

in all, amsterdam was fun for the first night seeing all the crazy sites, but after that it gets a little old. the city is huge for guys, the number of guys to girls is easily 5:1..and the guys are either there because they are stoners or looking for the girls.

its been fun, but one night would have been enough.

flying to london, gatwick tomorrow..

love to all..my stinky clothes and hair also send their stinky pot smell to you

love jess xooxox

Comments

1

Jess, now you can smell with Dan. His stinky socks and your pot smelling hair. beautiful. I hope Dan has been protecting you and Amy from all those sleazy blokes. Actually his smell might scare them off?????? Once in England do you think some new socks are in order for Dan. I'd be throwing the others out.....about a block from where you are staying.
Love you. Tina xxx

  TINA Jun 3, 2008 7:32 AM

2

Hello everyone, sorry Amsterdam was not all you expected. Hope London is good fun and full of fresh air!!! Look forward to hearing all about it. Love Bassos.

  Bassos Jun 3, 2008 9:10 AM

3

Hey Guyz

Looks like u had the same experience as me - i found amsterdam a little on the ewww side as well! Ah well!

Arent u guys going to france??? Maybe later...

Enjoy London, and have fun on the tube network - B!

  Brenton Millott Jun 3, 2008 12:25 PM

4

Hi Jess sorry to hear you did not like Amsterdam it must be changed since we were there 15 years ago pity you did not see the museum and art gallery where the Van Gough paintings were will you see my cousin Chris when you get to London ? and will you return to Europe to finish off your Eurorail ?

  val and mick Jun 3, 2008 5:01 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.