Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

carpe diem

POLAND | Saturday, 10 May 2008 | Views [965] | Comments [6]

dear all, 

Yesterday was ur first full day in krakow and it definately was a very very very full day. Began the day with walking toward the town centre, there was a huge student display with thousands of students dressed up in costumes..santa, army, nurses..anything, and as usual when guys get the chance alot of them in dresses.

From there we had kebabs for lunch, pretty damn good and nearly as good as the kebabs in greece..close. Walked up the Wawel castle, which looks over krakow. There is a beautiful cathedral on top of the hill built for the patron saints of krakow, we had audio guides..lol, the grumpy nun gave me and dan student prices but made amy pay full price because she paid with a 100kr note..hehehe..so we learnt alot about the history of krakow..thousands of years ago there was a dragon living on the side of the castle hill, the dragon was then killed by the kings sons and the town then lived in peace..theres a dragons den under the church, and little dragons are sold all over the city.

The cathedral has been rebuilt several times, however the oldest part of the church is underground and houses the royal tombs, a little creepy but good to visit.some of the tombs are beautifully carved in reb marble and limestone..still little weird thinking theres remains in there..

fed some dirty pidgeons, bought cheap vodka..alkohole as the polish call it, and relaxed a little at the hostel. Its a really nice hostel here, kinda small but everyone is really nice. For dinner we went to a traditional polish dumpling shop..had dumplings some with meat or cheese or vegetables. They kinda had a bread-ish outside, and looked like half circles.tasty and cheap.

Krakow has an awesome amount of night life, there are pubs, bars and restaurants around everycorner and there are people everywhere and it feels safe because there are alot of security/police around..and we have dan with us as well.We pub jumped a couple of places..just testing their beers as we went..ended up in a bar called 'carpe diem', looked really dodgy from the front, but underneath was a huge club with cheap beer and the most random music ever..tina turner..nirvana..george michael..justin t..elvis..gitterbug and some polish music all in an hour. Im not sure if we danced or just jumped around crazy cz my legs are killing me today. Met some nice polish people, a strange swedish man with whom i had a lengthy discussion about ikea with??? he then told me he loved me...??...they played "i come from a land down-under", and amy asked anyone close if they "came from a land under"..we got alot of blank stares..until we explained we were from australia.

Kept dancing through the random music..dan kept pulling up random strangers to dance..a polish guy stood with us and clapped to a few songs..and then dan picked a guy for amy..he was a pretty good dancer but had a Dolce & Gabbana tshirt on which we all decided made him look like a tool and we had a laugh at him...funniest thing was that half an hour later amy was dancing with him..and then an hour later telling me he was awesome kisser, and he was good looking. Turns out him and his collegue are from germany..theyve already offered us accomadation, and they are salesman for a company that sells CAKE!!!!so were definately going to stay with them, and maybe while amy keeps him buzy i can eat the cake. yay.

Cheeseburgers always taste better afterr drinking and at 3am.

Our american friend came with us..however after 3 beers he was in a comatose state on the couch and nearly coughed and thre up at the same time..so he left a little earlier then us..weak.

lots and lots of love to all. hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

love jess xoxoxooxox

 

Comments

1

You may all need liver transplants by the time you get back to Oz lol. Amy-stop kissing random guys!!!!lol
Wow, you are all having such a great time. 2 blogs in one day thankyou or am i a day behind!!!!
All our love mum dad bec and luke xxxxooooo

  mum May 10, 2008 10:39 PM

2

Jess
Sorry i haven't always got time to reply as i am still busy working long hours to save for our trip later in the year.
However i do read all your blogs and thoroughly enjoy them.
Missing you a little bit !!
Lucy doesn't seem to miss you at all, she doesn't even ask about you !!!!!!!!
And luke's exactly the same !!!!!! and mum says thats mean and she still mucks up the computer

Love Dad

  Dad May 10, 2008 11:04 PM

3

Why have I not been informed of this blog yet?
All I wish to say is, Farty you are a terrible little hussy!




And I am so, so, so, SO, SO proud! xx

  Heather May 11, 2008 1:24 AM

4

Yeh, I'm with your mum on the liver transplant guy's...
At least your having fun in the lead up to it. Sound's like that Swedish guy was passionate about Ikea....I hear they all are. Mel's itching to join up with you three....I've decided to censor this blog. Your giving her idea's

Love you all. Tina xx

  Tina & Darren May 11, 2008 11:58 AM

5

hey,
dan what is an average cost to like wire up a whole house, for electricity? just give me a random/average price.its for a business plan im doing.thanks.sounds like use are having fun!same same here. love bec

  bec May 11, 2008 4:50 PM

6

Hey guys,
Sounds like you're having fun!!! Thanks for writing this Jess, its like im really there, kinda. I was actually laughing out loud whilst reading this one, its so like Amy to be picking up randoms,lol.
Ask her if it was because of his clothes?haha and eat some cake for me too!
My love to all!!!!oxoxoxo

  Cathy May 11, 2008 9:12 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.