Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

vatican city

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 24 April 2008 | Views [735] | Comments [3]

today began again in the traditional italian way..coffee and crossaints.the chocolate crossaints are awesome..nearly good enough to have for breakfast,lunch and tea. The little cafe we have breakfast in has hardly any seats..we wandered,and sat and ate our breakfast and realised that only the tourists sit to enjoy their coffee, the italians come in, order, mostly espressos, shot it down and then leave..we sat and watched quiet a few ppl before we were ready to leave.

walked across rome to the vatican city today, saw many shops, ruins and little dogs and nearly got run over. The crossings arent really crossings, and the cars, trucks and bikes dont really stop.

St Peters square is huge, we saw where the pope sits and heard some facts about the vatican city...by conveniently dropping in on a tour group. Queued and eventually got into St Peters Basilica, which is the biggest, grandest, hugest beautifullest church i have ever seen. The photos and post cards will never do it justice.

Wandered the afternoon, tasting a variety of italian beers. Dan is teaching me to play chess, and i nearly for the first time had him..and then lost it all..so enjoyed the rest of my beer instead.

Tonite is our last nite in rome, will go for dinner soon. planning an early train to siena, tuscany for the day, and then onto florence by tomorrow night.

hope all is well

love to all xoxox

a prayer for ken at the vatican city will def last till christmas 2010, u have until then to come yourselves, then the prayer at the vatican will last forever!we even found a ferrari shop in rome today..xo

Comments

1

the vatican city is beautiful i couldnt believe i was actually there when i visited all those years ago. had a lovely girls night out last night with sue and gai shame the film was terrible but dinner was very enjoyable. last day of work cos anzac day tomorrow. enjoy your next stage of travelling would love to see tuscany one day lots of love to you all love mum xxxxxoooooo

  mum Apr 24, 2008 8:21 AM

2

Glad you enjoyed Rome as we did. Tuscany ofcourse will be a lot different, but its beautiful, wished we could have stayed longer. An author Peter (someone or other- can't remember his last name begins with M I think) wrote a book A Year in Tuscany keep promising myself I will get it but haven't so far. Have fun luv g'ma & g'pa

  val and mick Apr 24, 2008 9:29 AM

3

Hi everyone, everything sounds terrific would love to see it all one day. Thanks for pray for Ken he needs all the help he can get. Look forward to seeing all the photos but are so glad life is good for you and everything seems to be as good as you had hoped. The office is not the same. Love Bassos.

  Bassos Apr 24, 2008 9:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.