Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

6 hours on the scooter...

GREECE | Monday, 14 April 2008 | Views [786] | Comments [5]

hey everyone,

Today, we were up early to hire a bike...amy was dealing with her hangover, so dan and i hired a four wheeler..first he offered the 50cc and then he uped it to a 150cc...sweet!more power so i can break my neck quicker!

It turned out cheaper to just get one bike, so i sat on the back and enjoyed the view! We were told to go around the entire island is around 65km. We began in the main port of paros, parikia and went clockwise to naousa, a gorgeous fishing village. Took the most beautiful photos, bt weve found this computer is a bit dodgy with loading photos, so hopefully in santorini we will be able to load them.

Anyway, in naousa there is a old fort and huge concrete barrier between the sea and the very small port, we sat there and ate pistachios and bananas and apples. Naousa was gorgeous, i could have stayed there all day.

After Nauosa, we moved onto a small town in the middle of the mountains called  lefkes. Once again, the town was gorgeous and the photos look amazing.

After lefkes we went down the hill to piso livadi. Its a small fishing town on the water. We had lunch-bread with tzatiki, greek salad and cheese filo pastry thingys. Very nice. While we were there octopus was drying at the front of the restuarant and someone caught some fish and then the restuarant grilled them, it was a nice little town.

After piso livadi, we moved down to golden beach. Although none of the beaches compare to australia, this beach was a long golden sand beach with beautiful clear water. We walked along, a friendly black dog walked with us, he wasnt a stray, he had a collar, he just walked with us, and then dan felt sorry for it so he fed it...and then it wouldnt leave us alone! so we drove off...

Last stop was butterfly valley, but we are a little too early in the season for the butterflies so we missed out.

Finally made it back to the hotel after driving most of the day, got a tan and enjoyed all the sights.

Tomorrow we leave at lunch time for Santorini. Have spoken to other travellers who said the views from santorini are just like the poastcards bt the rest can be a bit touristy. We'll see how we go, so far paros has been my favourite. Even breakfast was good today, had toast and tea and grrek yoghurt with honey, was really good. Have found that greek wine is also very nice, jst ask amy.

Love to all, hopefully some more photos soon.

Love jess

 

Comments

1

Hi Guys, Everything sounds terrific. Really glad you are having so many wonderful experiences from the food to the sights of Greece. Hope Amy is feeling better!!!!! Enjoy Santorini. Have fun. Looking forward to the next chapter. Gai

  Bassos Apr 14, 2008 9:40 AM

2

remember to take my santorini photo of the pretty houses [= jess i have to cut back on the internet due to a what i think BROKEN finger haha.wat will i dooo! bye bye bye bye xx

  bec Apr 14, 2008 4:06 PM

3

Awesome work Amy..... Im glad someones trying the greek wine....... sounds like ill have a good drinking buddy when i meet you guys..
take care bikie dudes.
xoxox

  melwhite14 Apr 14, 2008 6:05 PM

4

Hey Jess Dan & Amy

Sounds like you are all having an awesome time. I am soooo jealous! Can i secretly squash myself in a suitcase and you can bring me along everywhere!!!
Everything still normal back here in Aus. Mum Dad and Danny all say hi and wish you all the best!
Make sure you take heaps of photos (hows the camera going)...

Talk soon - Brenton

  Brenton Millott Apr 15, 2008 8:50 AM

5

Hey Jess Dan & Amy
Sounds like your having a ball. So nice to read all about your adventures. I leave for my trip 2 weeks this Sunday so starting to get excited! Am selling Andrews Ute and i have the first person coming soon so hopeing to sell it quickly. We are doing the rounds on what he wants. Made a mistake of letting him drive a Nissan Patrol Ute today and now he is in love! Will see! Keep enjoying and will chat soon. Luv Sue & Co

  Sue Batten Apr 16, 2008 3:39 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.