Existing Member?

Rollin' to Croatia on a bike

6) …and downs

SWITZERLAND | Thursday, 17 September 2015 | Views [540]

.

"Remember where you come from but don't forget where you are heading" said once a very famous swiss biker autoproclaimed philosoph.

Indeed, the Alps are now behind us. It's a relief to be that close to the Austrian boundary as it forecast a much more flat and predictable landscape! Youhou, no more unexpected surprise such as 16% steep slopes at 4pm... But fortunately, and as the picture illustrates it, after each rising slope there is a descent! We had plenty of opportunities to be taught with that lesson.

And during the hard times, singing "Get up to get down" (see youtube link) helped release the tension.

.

I strongly recommend anyone who would like to experience wild Switzerland to go bicycle (VTT) or trekking in the canton of Grisons. It is where the wider national park are located and therefore contains a great wildlife diversity. At some places, the wides and wild views away from the noise of civilisation might even transport your imagination to another country such as Canada.

.

Here: an example of the surprising wildlife (to handle at your own risks!)

.

The everyday routine... Building and folding the camp. 

.

-Here it is! We finally found it!!!! 

-But what?

-The mountain we were all drawing at drawing classes being kids of course... With its very typical triangular mountain shape!

-And it can be found just here in Austria...

.

Austria... What a wonderfully boring country (sorry for the spontaneity)!

Despite some extremely cute landscape like this one (see above) and the exemplar cleanliness of villages I couldn't say we had a lot of fun in this country. This picture resume pretty much everything we could see from Austria (apart from the maize fields of course). Churches, fields, mountains, fields, villages after villages, and more fields. It is definetely an agricultural country for farm lovers... I am unfortunately not one of them. I much more prefer to....

.

SEARCH FOR THE MOST INNOVATIVE SWAG!

A+

About jeanraphael


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.