Existing Member?

Rollin' to Croatia on a bike

7) Departure N°2

SWITZERLAND | Monday, 28 September 2015 | Views [307]

.

Lienz, Austria, 1000 km, day 11, the half of the trip, new beginning.

For a matter of circumstances Max returned home yesterday. I am therefore unexpectedly confronted to face the road on my own and having to put up with my mood changing... "Shit, I'll have to speak german!" is one of the thought I am having (I discovered I didn't like to speak german).

This reverse of situation reminded me that we always have the choice to do the best of what happens to us. Let's see the bright side of it: It is a whole new adventure that starts and it opens the way to several directions and creativity. After 2 more days alone on the road, not seeing the point of it anymore, I decided to take a break to make my mind clear and rest. I then stopped 2 days at a comfortable austrian touristic lake (Klopeinersee).

The next drew itself as followed:

1) Continue biking until the destination without changing plans, which means 100km/day not knowing the topography of the road, dealing with a whole new culture with one more language barrier (slovenian and croatian), following national roads from Maribor to Dubrovnik (which are not bike friendly) and not having the time to really meet people.

2) Bike 2 more days until Maribor and think again.

3) Take a train directly to the coast and just chill for the remaining 10 days before to meet my friends in Dubrovnik.

.

Los!

Leaving Austria at 10am I'll be in Plitvice National Park by the end of the day. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of action to confirm your are on the right trail. A couple of chat with travelers, hop on a bus in Zagreb, more chats, advices, hop off at destination. DONE. Let's follow the flow from now on...

.

Which brought me a travel partner the day after. Luckily our respective plans allow us to follow the same road for the next 7 days. Plitvice lakes-music festival-Sibenik-Split-Makarska-Hvar... A lot of new people along the road, a lot of fun.

.

Plitvice lake (no filter)

.

On the road to the coast..

.

...bike on the roof.

 

About jeanraphael


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.