Existing Member?

Rollin' to Croatia on a bike

5) Ups…

SWITZERLAND | Saturday, 12 September 2015 | Views [279]

.

We did it... It's day n°3 and we Fu'kapass! The first pass of a serie of 3. Oberalpass and Albulapass were still to come.

While most people reach the top riding motorbikes, it was also common to meet cyclists on our way up. I'm having trouble to remember my thoughts on that day but I do remember it was the most exhausting step of the trip ----> 16km, 1070m of denivellation and 6.7 % constant steepness.

The trick there is to go at a very slow but constant speed (don't need to rush, you're gonna get there sooner or later), regularly stop to drink water, sometimes eat an energy bar and keeping a good mood. 

.

I guaranty you it is quite impressive to see something like that when you are already sweating and you know it's what you are going to come accross before to finally have lunch (it was 1pm already, we had breakfast at 9am). I heard somewhere that strong sun exposition while over exercising could lead to hallucinations... True or false? (to be continued...)

.

A beautiful tunnel digged in the mountain on the way up...

.

When it's too much... It's just too much. 

.

O_O'  

About jeanraphael


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.