Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

Lazy Langkawi

MALAYSIA | Friday, 19 December 2008 | Views [341]

I was not too sure how to react to Langkawi or if I would bother going at all,if an Island does not bother to even have public transport is it really worth going? But with Thailand purging us backpackers with crazy new visa rules my mind was made up. I countered that the duty free beer would make up for having to make the odd taxi ride anyway. So arrived of the ferry and managed to share a taxi ride to a nearby beach strip, accommodation is really scarce but I did manage to bag the last dorm bed in a great little hostel 2 mins from the beach.The beach was fantastic about 2 km long of fine white sand, better than Boracay. Even though it is meant to be high season it was still pretty quite. The beach is based near a small Malay town and the locals were very friendly. Havng met up with some other travellers from Oz and UK decided to stay for a few days. The weather was great and most days were spent on the beach , ending up there in the eveing also for a sundowner. Its a bit of a pain not having public transport so did not really get to see anything else, mind you I do not think there is much to see. Langkawi is all about the beach! Leaving for the ferry to Thailand the next morning I realised that I probably spent about 3 weeks in Malaysia altogether and I loved it, the people, the culture & the food, so from Melaka to Langkawi, it was a great trip and experience.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.