Existing Member?

Jarrod & Krystals Euro Trip Hello and welcome to our online travel journal!!!

Paris

FRANCE | Wednesday, 4 June 2008 | Views [508] | Comments [1]

4th June, we arrived in Paris from Athens. It was a long flight as we flew with budget airline Easyjet..

Airport was really busy, and of course being in Paris no one wanted to speak English. We caught the train to our Hostel, the transport there is really easy to use...

Hostel (St Christophers) was really nice, it was only opened in January 2008. The staff were useless though... We basically just spent the rest of the afternoon looking around the outskirts of Paris as this was where we were staying, we werent game enough to go into the city just yet.

Next morning we took a "free" walking tour of Paris. This was amazing and covered all the major attractions like Eiffel tower, luovee, Notre Dame Cathederal, Sein River, Pont Neuf (bridge), Arc De Triomphe. The tour giude was really good and very funny, we learnt heaps about history of Paris. After the 3.5 hour tour (and paying a tip to the guide) we decidied to tour the town and look at everything in a bit more detail. We went with Nathan (Aussie) and Rob (American) to see the Arc de Triomphe and climb the Eiffel tower (700+ steps). Views were just amazing... That night we were pretty stuffed, but went for drinks with Nathan and Blake and Bec (also Aussies)

Next day Jarrod woke up a bit sick, we were going to get up early but slept in. We spent the day looking around Notre Dame Cathederal which was absolutely beautiful... It was huge and full of amazing stained glass windows. We left Nathan to explore the Luvee Museum (35,000 pieces of art including the Mona Lisa) while we had to go back to the hostel as Jarrod had a phone interview for a job in London...

That night we went to Moulin Rougee... This was pretty expensive for the show, however it has probably been the highlight of our trip so far. The show was amazing, couldnt really understand the singing but was still great. Aparently most of the girls in the show are Aussies...

After a few days in Paris, we were in love with the city. The city centre is amazing, there are no new buildings the whole city is just full of the historic buildings. It is pretty touristy but you cant go there without falling in love with it. We cant wait to go back.....

Next stop, Brugges in Belgium...

Comments

1

We can see that you are getting really good at taking your own photos!!!! Niiiice!!!!!! Your trip sounds very fun and exciting. We will have to go to Paris one day with the big wrap that you've given it. Hope the rest of your adventures are exciting. Good luck with the job interviews Jarrod. Keep happy and safe.
Lots of love
Mum and Pete xxxx

  Mum Jun 15, 2008 5:58 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.