Existing Member?

Our Travels

Geckos Tour - Day 2

CHINA | Friday, 20 July 2007 | Views [491]

Jamie and I got up early (around 6am) to meet everyone to go to the train station by 6:30am. Jamie had tried this Won Ton soup the day before so we made sure we got up early enough to go there to try it again before we left.
It opened at 6am so we had plenty of time to eat then run and check out by half 6.

We caught the day train to Suzouh and had to wait in the taxi rank for about an hour before we got a taxi. There were so many people.
We got to our hotel and checked in all our gear. We were given free time for about 1/2 hour to get our rooms sorted. Everyone was relieved to finally get there and relax for a few minutes.

Everyone re-grouped back in the lobby apart from Candice cause she wasn't feeling well. So we all went to lunch without her and tried more delicious local food and beer.
We then went back to the hotel to collect Candice and went to the 'Leaning Pagoda' (not sure of the real name of the garden).
Instead of the leaning tower of Piza it was a Pagoda. The gardens had heaps of awesome Bonsai trees. Some that would have been a few hundred years old, with the copper wound round the branches to mold then in the right direction.

We then headed back to the hotel so we could have a shower and get ready for dinner. We walked through the center of the city where they have a water fountain display, which was pretty. Then Anson (tour guide) took us to this local restaurant; where we were all in one sectioned off room away form other customers. It was nice to have dinner with everyone as a group and not worry about background noise.
Everyone had a few too many beers and we were all getting along by the end of the night, it was heaps of fun. 

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.