Existing Member?

Our Travels

CAMBODIA - Gecko Tour - Third Day

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 13 June 2007 | Views [853]

Angkor Wat. The worlds largest religious building.

Angkor Wat. The worlds largest religious building.

Third Day

Today was dedicated to the temples. We first went and saw Angkor Wat the largest religious temple. This was amazing it's an architectural and engineering feat of how they build this place. We were so overwhelmed by the carvings that are literally throughout the whole temple, there was 'no stone un-carved'. As you can see in the photos it was great.

After Angkor Wat we went to Ta Prohm (where Tomb Raider was filmed) this place blew our mind. It's like nothing we have ever seen before. The temple is starting to fall down and the ruins are all over the place. There are trees growing out of the left over building and it looks, jut amazing.

Next on the list was 'The Pink Temple' this place was great too.
This temple is the most prettiest, it's got fantastic colour, and the carvings are so intricate.

Next was Bayon Temple, it was really amazing as well. There were 54 towers with four faces of the budda carved into the pillars. We had our photo taken with our noses touching the nose of one of the buddas. This was our most favorite temple.

We then saw a few others, and then headed up to this look out where we could see Angkor Wat and the water reservoir from. 
Candice had another headache from the heat and dehydration, however we were drinking no stop water and sweating no stop as well.

We then headed out for dinner with everyone to celebrate see such amazing places.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.