Existing Member?

Our Travels

Belgium - Brussels and Bruge

BELGIUM | Saturday, 23 February 2008 | Views [706] | Comments [1]

We got up the next morning ready for a new day. We first went to the bike shop to drop our bikes back off and collect out 100euros deposit.
We then caught a train to Brussels in Belgium where we stopped to see the Grand Palace and Manneken Pis (a little peeing boy statue). We were walking for a few blocks trying to find this Manneken Pis statue and walked straight past it. It was SO small and they had dressed him up in scout cloths it was a pointless thing to go and see.

We then got back on the train and headed to Bruge where we stayed the night. We got off the train and caught a bus to our hostel. This hostel was a little better then the last as there were no drugged idiots yelled at all ours of the night. We went for a walk around the city and found a nice canal and a really nice church.
That night we were searching for HOURS trying to find a place that had cheap food. We found this cute little restaurant that did a 3 course meal at an OK price, wouldn't call it cheap.

We then headed back to our hostel and piked for the night as we were tired from the night before.

The next morning we went for a walk around the city and made our way back to the train station finding a grocery store to get some cheap Belgium chocolate for the train ride. THE CHOCOLATE IS AWESOME!!!!

We then caught our train to Luxembourg.

Will have to continue when we are in Mexico, sorry!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

hi there chebubs,
Candice I'm not sure if you got the email to wish you a happy birthday on 17th - St Patricks Day & Candice birthday two special peoples day. Have a great trip to Mexico and have a truly wonderful majical birthday. My mum is studying Mexico in CWA this year -this is the country they are doing this year so it would be great to send her a post card from Mexico and news items. You both must be feeling sad leaving your lovely unit in Chaddock Lane and that will always hold special memories for you both. Have a lovely trip, be safe and take care of each other.
Much Love Mumma Bear xoxoxox

  polly Mar 7, 2008 10:26 AM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.