Existing Member?

Our Travels

Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Friday, 22 February 2008 | Views [823]

We left from Manchester and caught the bus to Liverpool at 4am. The bus driver was running late and we were starting to get worried that we would miss our flight. However we arrived with NO time to spare and quickly rushed to our gate.
We arrived in Amsterdam airport and had to catch the train into town to find our hostel. We figured out how to get there and hoped on a tram. Luckily the driver spoke english and she told us where we had to get off which was great.

We got into the hostel and it was a bit of a dive but cheap which is what we needed. We left our stuff there and went for a walk up the street. We found a place to hire some bikes from, as Amsterdam is FULL of them everywhere. So we joined the many bikers cycling around the city with ease, although we were trying hard not to get hit by cars or trams.
We then cycled to the train station where we caught a train to Zaanse Schans where they make the cheese, clogs and the big windmills are.
It was such a pretty spot. It was windy as, but really nice to see.

That afternoon we came back to Amsterdam where we had a walk around for some dinner. We called into this little restaurant up the road from our hostel and these hippies were running the show. It was GREAT food!
We then headed to a coffee shop that we had read about to try some interesting concoctions. Jamie enjoyed his very much!

We then headed back to the hostel after having a midnight snack of Maccas.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.