Existing Member?

Our Travels

Our day trip to York

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 21 October 2007 | Views [685]

Us at the city gate coming into York.

Us at the city gate coming into York.

Candice has yet another job, well an existing job!

I was working at the hospital for one of my jobs then I went to a travel mob in Manchester city that was too far to travel to work by bus (took 1 1/2 hrs both ways due to  traffic). But now the hospital mob wanted me back cause I was soo good, who could blame them!! J So I am now working back for them again and it's closer to our little home (only 40 - 60 mins to and from work).While I was at the travel place I met this awesome chicky from Melbourne, Flick. Great to meet other Aussie over here and have the normal patriotic talk about Vegimite!Flick came over to our house on Saturday and we had a few drinks and pizza. It was nice to have a guest over.
The following day we set off in JD to beautiful
York.

Because we were on a time schedule we only took the motorway to and from York and not our usual adventurous way through the countryside.It was nice to have someone else come with us, especially to adjudicate our fights of who was right’ and ‘who was wrong’ reading the map!

We arrived at York and were going to park at a ‘Pay and display’ parking area but it was too expensive, plus another couple had done the naughty and parked in an old office parking lot FOR FREE. So we decided to follow there lead, prying that we don’t get clapped!We then set off into the city centre where we climbed up the city gate that looks awesome, onto the old stone wall that surrounds the city. As we walked along the wall the cathedral’s bells were going off and you could here it as you walk into the city, getting louder and louder.As we got closer into town it got prettier.
There is a river that goes through the edge of the town and the leaves are falling off the trees onto the river banks and it looks B-E-A-utiful! There were people rowing on it so Candice was impressed, seeing how cold it was.

We then walked around the town centre, it’s like stepping back in time with all the old vintage shamble houses. They are the houses that tier up in the photos that we will put on soon! We then walked around town and looked at all the old buildings, more so just trying to find the toilets by following the old signs at aren’t right!We then went to lunch in this little restaurant out the back of this take away fish and chips shop. Our order of course was fish and chip with MUSSY PEAS and Vinegar. We can now say we have eaten like the Brits and felt just as sick, fat and disgusting after eating it - like the Brits do. After lunch we walked around the remaining stone wall till we came back to our little green tractor/car JD. Luckily we hadn’t been clamped so we drove home back to Manchester.

Tags: Sightseeing

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.